Oklahoma City Tree Lighting Festival
One of the year’s most anticipated annual events, the Oklahoma City Tree Lighting Festival presented by SONIC Foundation, will be returning this year to a screen near you. For the first time ever, our kickoff to the holiday season will be available to enjoy online and on television!
We are excited to partner with local station News 9 to bring a holiday special for all ages to homes across the city. The program will feature many much-loved, familiar sights as well as some new favorites filmed in the recently restored Yale Theater and other locations downtown.
Tune in to see:
- Program emcee, Mayor Holt
- ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas reading by Jabee
- The Imaginaries performing original Christmas songs
- The OKC Ballet trainees performing “Angels” from The Nutcracker
- Yumare Mexican Folkloric Dancers
- Lao Natasinh Dancers
- Bharatanatyam Dance by Sainrithya Dance Academy
- Lion Dance by Giac Quang Buddhist Temple Youth Group
- Tuan Doan performing the Vietnamese Flute
- Lyric’s Thelma Gaylord Academy Student Ella Epperson singing Okie favorite, I Want A Hippopotamus for Christmas
- A carol medley by Lyric Theatre’s cast of ‘A Christmas Carol’
- Classic Christmas songs by Tony Foster Jr. and Kandace Duke
- A message from Santa Claus
- The traditional countdown to the lighting of the tree
Gather your family or friends around the television, laptop, tablet, or phone and enjoy the Tree Lighting Festival from wherever you feel comfortable! Host a watch party or enjoy a casual night in with hot cocoa and holiday cheer and kick off the 2020 season with a virtual community across the city. The virtual Oklahoma City Tree Lighting presented by SONIC Foundation will stream online and through the News 9 app on Friday, November 27th at 7pm.